The issue of electronic document management and its implementation at enterprises and institutions can be called an issue of national importance.
Keep Your Document Sharing Safe with Virtual Data Room
There is a workflow in every business. This is a collection of information that is created and circulated in the enterprise or comes from outside or is created to be provided outside the company. Electronic document management includes external and internal documents. The only difference is that it provides for the creation of electronic documents – documents, information in which is recorded in the form of electronic data. That is, the key feature of electronic document management is the fact of creating electronic documents instead of paper documents in order to accumulate, provide information, and also exchange it.
The use of faxes and scanners only accelerates the transfer of visual documents but does not reduce the processing time of the “primary” and still requires a paper copy-confirmation. It should be remembered about the internal channels of information leakage, associated with the actions of the administration and service personnel, with the quality of the organization of the operating mode, especially since they are usually not given due attention. Among them, first of all, one can note such channels of leakage as theft of information carriers, the use of production and technological waste, visual retrieval of information from a monitor and a printer, unauthorized copying, etc. In practice, the division of leakage channels into technical (these include acoustic, visual-optical, and electromagnetic) and informational ones is also used.
Secure Data Room Software Obligatory Fulfillment
Effective protection of information is possible with the data room software obligatory fulfillment of a number of conditions:
- Unity in the solution of industrial, commercial, financial, and security issues;
- Coordination of security measures between all interested departments of the enterprise;
- Scientific assessment of information and objects subject to classification (protection); development of regime measures before the start of regime work;
- Personal responsibility (including material) of managers of all levels, performers participating in closed works, for ensuring the safety of secrecy and maintaining the security regime of the work carried out at the proper level;
- Inclusion of the main duties of workers, specialists, and administration for compliance with specific requirements of the regime in the collective agreement, contract, labor agreement, labor regulations;
- Organization of special office work, order of storage, transportation of secret carriers; introduction of appropriate marking of documents and other carriers of classified information;
- Formation of a list of persons authorized by the head of the enterprise to classify information and objects containing confidential information;
- Optimal limitation of the number of persons admitted to the protected information;
- Availability of a unified procedure for access and registration of passes;
- Fulfillment of the requirements for ensuring the preservation of protected information during the design and placement of special premises, in the process of experimental design development, testing and production of products, sales, advertising, signing contracts, during especially important meetings, during the use of technical means of processing, storage, and transmission of information, etc.;
- Organization of interaction with state authorities that have the authority to control certain types of activities of enterprises and firms;
- The presence of security, access, and intra-facility modes in data rooms;
- Planned development and implementation of measures to protect information, systematic monitoring of the effectiveness of measures taken;
- Creation of a system for training performers in the rules of ensuring the safety of information.